Ok, so these things are awesome. My family devours these within a few days. There is no processed sugar in them. The sugar comes from the dates, which makes it all natural. They are the perfect solution to your sugar craving, without the guilt of feeling like you gained 20 pounds.
Here is the recipe created by Olena from ifood real with a few of my own tweaks to the recipe:
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 14 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. You can also line 12 cupcake/muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray with cooking spray. You definitely need BOTH liner and cooking spray, otherwise some of the batter sticks to the liner.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a food processor until smooth. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir to mix. Pour batter into baking dish, top with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and bake for about 30 minutes. I did a toothpick test on each muffin tin and decided to bake for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing or eating.